Saturday, January 23, 2010

Berdi's Back!

Oh how I've missed you!


Now that she's back I have got to get busy!

Baby boy is only 10 weeks away...give or take.
On my To Do list:

One of these for one of Em's buddies:


Lot's of these:
(in boy print of course)

One of these:
(the crib set...not mobile...but come to think of it...maybe I should add that to my to do!)

Something like this:
(because why buy a moby wrap...when you can make your own NO SEW wrap for a fraction of the price!!! I LOVE my ring sling...but it's tricky when the baby is bran new but I've only heard really good things about this for the tiny new ones!)

And something a little like this:
(Anyone else have issues with the hooter hider cover?)

Well...that's it for now. I'm sure my list will grow as these projects get done! who knows if I will get to it all! Second semester is a busy time of year for a teacher!


3 comments:

  1. That nursing cover looks awesome! Is there a pattern for that somewhere, or just more detail so I can make one? When Benji was tiny I liked to use this wrap that was just like 6-8 yards (I think I bought four and then cut it in half lengthwise, like along the original fold, the amount of fabric just depends on your height and "girth"), and you just put the middle at your waist, criss cross it across your back, then criss cross across your front and then wrap it around your waist and tie it. You put the baby in sitting up with his head on your chest and the criss cross in the front supporting his legs and then you pull the straight section that's in the front up over his back and to support his head. It sounds complicated but it's super easy and it's so much more comfortable on my back and shoulders than any wrap/sling/carrier I have EVER worn. And it was SO light! And I just used regular old quilting cotton. I can't remember what that type of fabric is at the moment that has like splotches all over it but isn't tie die, it's on the tip of my tongue... but I'm wearing it on one of my older profile pics on facebook. Here's a link to something that's kinda like what I was talking about... http://wearyourbaby.com/Default.aspx?tabid=180

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want you to teach me what I should be making too! I'm not as crafty or quick as you, but I can do things like this. So far I made your ring sling and I made a nursing cover. I figure I could make burp cloths or receiving blankets, but wasn't sure how many or how or how big. So you better get sewing quick so I can copy you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the idea of a moby! that should be first on the list! what do you want me to make you!?!? i'm not as good as you and ceri, but i want to make something for baby boy anyway, so tell me what to make!!!

    ReplyDelete