Monday, January 11, 2010

What happens when I loose things....


My sister loaned me her sewing machine and not only did the foot fall off and get lost while in my possession...so did the flimsy vinyl cover (those dinky one's that come with the machine). I searched EVERYWHERE and didn't find anything - no foot, no cover, nothing. The only thing that I can think that happened it that I got a little too zellous in nesting mode and accidently threw it out. But I really don't know. I told my sister about the missing foot but couldn't bring my self to tell her about the cover.

Anyways I went out and bought a replacement for both at Joann's but when I got home I felt really poopy about the cover. It didn't have a nice hole for the handle...I wanted it to have a hole for the handle. I knew if the replacement I got didn't have a handle that my sister would hold it against me for the rest of my life - I have too many things that she holds over me...I didn't want the list to grow so what did I do? I pouted for a while....kicked a door and then....TA - DA...the light went on - I will MAKE her a cover!

I found this tutorial and got to work. I think it came out good - I think I would definitely do the binding on the handle hole differently if I could do it over....but it's a first pancake right?

1 comment:

  1. One of the things I really like about my cover is that it has a drawstring on the bottom of it. Just a thought for the next pancake! ; )

    ReplyDelete