Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Getting ready for baby {Wraps}

{Wraps}


Store bought wraps are cool and all...but why buy them when you can easily save BIG bucks by making it yourself? If you're not a sewer - or feel crafty you don't have to. All you really need for a basic wrap is 5-6 yards of fabric and a pair of scissors! You can actually get 2 wraps out of it. I'm always a sucker for a 2 for one special!

I serged the edges and added a button to mark the middle point because that's just how I roll. But if you use a jersey type fabric you can leave the sides alone since they wont fray!


Speaking of serging...This is the first time I feel like I got the tension just right - isn't it nice? I {heart} my serger!

This is the first time I'll be using a wrap other than my ring sling (which I LOVE) but since I could make this for so stinkin' cheep, I figured why not?

p.s. there has been a lot of recent warnings in the news about the safety of baby wraps...in my opinion baby wraps are completely safe to use as long as you feel confident in how you use it. Common sense first always! I've always practiced with a baby doll first to get the basics down before placing a real baby in there. You tube has some great videos if you're a visual learner like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment